Choosing the Right Soccer Ball Size by Age
What is the best soccer ball size by age?
Soccer is undeniably one of the most popular sports in the world, enjoyed by players of all ages. However, selecting the appropriate soccer ball size is an essential factor that plays a vital role in improving a player’s game and preventing injuries.
In this article, we will discuss the appropriate soccer ball sizes for different age groups and recommend the best training and match balls available in the market.
Soccer Ball Size Chart
Affiliate Disclosure: Some of the links in this article may be affiliate links, which can provide compensation to me at no cost to you if you decide to purchase.
Top 5 All Purpose Soccer Ball Picks By Size
Challenge Rio Soccer Ball
Adidas Sise 1 Soccer Ball
Classic Size 3 Soccer Ball
Franklin Size 4 Soccer Ball
NIKE Size 5 Soccer Ball
Soccer Ball Size 1 - All Ages - Training Skills and Souvenirs
Soccer Ball Size 3 - Ages 5 to 12
For children aged 5*12 years old, a size 3 soccer ball is the most suitable. It has a circumference of 23-24 inches and weighs between 11-12 ounces. The size 3 ball is ideal for children as it is lighter and smaller, making it easier for them to control and handle.
Soccer Ball Size 4 - Ages 12 - 14
For children aged 12*14 years old, a size 4 soccer ball is the best choice. It has a circumference of 25-26 inches and weighs between 12-13 ounces. The size 4 ball is slightly larger and heavier than the size 3 ball, making it more challenging and appropriate for developing the players’ skill
Soccer Ball Size 5 - Age 14 years and Above
For teenagers aged 13-18 years old, a size 5 soccer ball is recommended. It has a circumference of 27-28 inches and weighs between 14-16 ounces. The size 5 ball is the standard size used in most professional leagues and international tournaments, and it provides the perfect challenge for players to hone their skills.
Adult: Size 5 Soccer Ball
For adults, the size 5 soccer ball is the only recommended option. It has a circumference of 27-28 inches and weighs between 14-16 ounces. The size 5 ball is the standard size used in most professional leagues and international tournaments, and it provides the perfect challenge for players to hone their skills.
Types of Soccer Balls
There are two main types of soccer balls available in the market – training balls and match balls. Choosing the right type of ball is also crucial to improve your game and enhance your skills.
Training balls are designed for practice and recreational play. They are generally cheaper than match balls and are made of synthetic leather or PVC.
Here Are Our TOP 3 Recommended Training Soccer Balls:
- Adidas MLS Glider: This ball is made of high-quality materials and has a durable outer cover, making it perfect for regular training sessions. (Shop Now)
- Nike Pitch Training Soccer Ball: This ball is designed to have a consistent and accurate flight trajectory, which makes it ideal for developing passing and shooting skills. (Shop Now)
- Select Numero 10: This ball is popular among soccer coaches due to its high-quality design and durability. It is perfect for practicing dribbling and ball control. (Shop Now)
Match balls are used in official games and tournaments and are of higher quality than training balls. They are usually made of genuine leather and have a more consistent flight trajectory. Here are our top three recommended match balls:
Here Are Our TOP 3 Recommended Match Soccer Balls:
- Adidas Telstar 18: This ball was used in the 2018 FIFA World Cup and has a unique design that enhances visibility on the field. (Shop Now)
- Nike Merlin Match Ball: This ball has a 4-panel construction that creates a larger sweet spot, making it easier to control. (Shop Now)
- Select Brilliant Super: This ball is designed to be as close to the official match ball as possible, making it perfect for players who want to practice with a ball that feels like the real thing. (Shop Now)
In conclusion, choosing the right soccer ball size and type is essential for improving your skills and enjoying the game. We recommend selecting the appropriate ball size based on your age group and opting for a training or match ball that fits your needs and budget. Whether you are a beginner or a professional player, there is a perfect soccer ball for you.